I know that I have mentioned before that I was working on writing up a retreat for mothers and their pre-teen daughters. It is finally finished. This is a follow-up to my original mother/daughter retreat. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing sample talks and pictures of the event, which was held this past Saturday. For right now, I would like to share the resources I used to put the event together. It may seem like this should be the last part of the puzzle, but this is how I built the retreat, so I’m sharing my process. After finding a theme, I began searching for what resources I could use to really speak to the girls, and not just by me talking the whole time. Here is what we used and some suggestions for others that I found but didn’t have time to share. Thanks.
- He Knows My Name by Francesca Battisteli
- Beloved by Jordan Feliz
- You Make Everything Beautiful by Rebecca St. James
- Ave Maria sung by Andrea Bocelli
- Find Your Wings by Mark Harris
- Grace by Laura Story
If you are looking for pop singers who are also great role models for your daughter, I highly recommend Francesca Batisteli, Rebecca St James, and Laura Story. Rebecca St James has a beautiful song, Wait for Me, about living a chaste life as a young girl. She even wrote a book by the same title that has an accompanying study guide perfect for early teens.
Here are some other worthy songs that I wanted to share but did not have enough time. One of these days I am going to find a way to do an entire day retreat!
- Every Good Thing by the Afters
- More Beautiful You by Johnny Diaz
- You Are More by Tenth Avenue North
- Everything Glorious by David Crowder Band
- The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets
- Hello, My Name Is by Matthew West
- Modesty Doesn’t Mean Frumpy by Colleen Hammond
- 9 Months in the Womb by Pregnancychat.com
- Chloe-A Story of Infertility, Adoption, and God’s Love by Moving Works
Please stop back for more information and resources for princesses and their queens!
Any suggestions of what you would include?